Thursday, December 2, 2010

A day much better than the 1st

Dear Readers!

Today was much better than yesterday.. so far it feels like a roller coaster. I'm sure you all have weeks like that. This morning when I woke up my kids were already dressed and ready to go. I dropped them off at school at 7:30 to have some breakfast. My daughter was actually super excited this morning since today was her first field-trip ever! Please don't let me get started on this field-trip..  O.K. So, we got this permission slip like two or maybe three weeks ago. My husband and I both had to sign and return with $$.
 Well, my Sammy gets in the car this afternoon and says it was the worse first field-trip ever! and "Cinderella's sister's were both MAN? and they kissed? pretending to be woman and dressed like woman". Yes,, exactly! The school took them to see a play in N. Hollywood! Does anyone follow me. O.k. I will stop now,. (For now) I' am in deed a very open person and accept people by who they are, however, taking first grade kids to see a play like this? I don't think so. I had to write about this. I'm not mad, I'm furious!

Anyhow, let's move on.. the rest of my evening was pretty good. I actually had extra work today then yesterday. Let's just say that my lunch was a wheat muffin with an egg and a cup of green machine! Sitting on my desk, yes I have to admit, I can be a  workaholic person sometimes. My kids however, had chicken nuggets for snack. I was so proud my daughter for doing the snacks today..

Today, as promise I have a great recipe to share with you all! Actually it's my son's favorite!. Joshua loves shrimp! One of the things that I've learned being a full time working mom is to get creative' very creative, mix the menu at dinner time. Try to cook simple and something different each time. You can even play the game we play. Start with one child and ask one what he or she wants for dinner?, (and give them options, things you might want them to eat, things you already have in the freezer) I had some shrimp left over from Thanksgiving day.
Well, I asked my son to pick one of my recipes. I gave him four options, have your children take turns in choosing whats for Dinner! Try it, it's fun and makes them feel important. So, Joshua wanted to eat Shrimp & Pasta Primavera' It's easy and fast! Prep time is 20 min. Cook time is 15 mim. and serves up to six. Enjoy! oh and by the way, if you have to drive home from work, try to stop by Jack in the Box,, they always have sweets!!. Whether is cheese cake or chocolate cakes they have it, just add fruit or whipped cream!.

Luv, Savanna

here's what you will need,
8.oz Linguine (i prefer to use Barilla pastas) 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled & deveined.( i actually used fresh, but, if you can't frozen shrimp will do) 2 1/2 cups of fresh broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red bell peppers strips and some peas. (I only used carrots, and broccoli actually makes the pasta sticky so, please, cook it separately.) (also, if you preferred to use small pieces of frozen broccoli, it works, but first steam) 1 cup of heavy cream. 3/4 cup of Chicken broth. 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. 2 TBS butter. 1/2 tsp. salt. 1/2 tsp ground BLK pepper. 1 tsp of minced unions. 1 tsp minced garlic. 1/2 tsp of dill weed (note; dill is very strong in order, use fresh leaves if you have) 1/4 tsp of thyme leaves (use fresh leaves if you have) Always keep your fresh leaves in the freezer, they will last up to 3 months depending on how often you used them)
To cook; First have all your pans and pots ready. Boil water, once the water is boiling, add salt (kosher) don't ever add salt to cold water. (it will stain your stainless pots)(one of my secrets, when cooking pasta is always through a pinch of Basil to boil with pasta) meanwhile, since the pasta is cooking (9-10 mim) start boiling the heavy cream with all the spices. (dill, garlic, unions, salt, pepper and thyme) keep at very low heat and whisk for 3 mim. In another pan melt butter (unsalted) and cook shrimp until glaze or until shrimp are dark orange. Shrimp is usually done in 5 to 7 mim. depending on size. You don't want to over cook shrimp. They will dry and shrink. Once your shrimp are cooked, add the heavy cream and whisk, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, simmer 5 min. Add pasta, toss gently to coat well. Before you serve add the broccoli, toss to coat well. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese if desire.. Whala! you got an Olive Garden Dish! or CPK Dish? or so i been told' ;-) Add  a glass of wine, and if you have bread (french roll) toast and add butter) better yet.. melt the butter for few seconds in the micro add a pinch of oregano and basil, yes,, trust me. Brush one coat to the bread and toast! This is actually my secret! I have other secrets that i will be sharing later on.. Add a bag of already prepared salad if you like.. My family is not so good with salads;-( but not bad for a working busy mom". Hope you enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment