Monday, December 6, 2010

"Holiday Tacos and a drunk girl"

Hello Blog Followers!

Hope you all had an amazing weekend!!
You know how I was really looking forward to Friday night? Well, it didn't' go very good as I thought it would; my hubby and I had a special invitation to a x-mas party! Turn outs not just us Mexicans use Taquizas for parties anymore. I was so surprise when we arrived cause I was not expecting Tacos for Dinner and a full bar!! Tacos were supper yummy! The only thing missing was the Orchata!

so,,few hours go by and everyone starts drinking and feeling a little loose.. then, this girl starts getting really loose and cornering my hubby around the house. I start feeling very uncomfortable and at this point I'm ready to go home!! I mean she's like ready to kiss him or something, yeah.. terribly embarrassing!!! Worse drunk woman ever! I was so relief to see that at least two other co-workers notice and I wasn't just over reacting.
 " I did manage to take some good pictures of the x-mas tree.:-)
"Ladies take care of your husbands when going out! You never know..

I took my kids to Knott's the next day on Saturday, by the way, any social Workers or County employee's out there? Right now until the 19th you and your spouse can get in  for free. Along with six other people for fifteenth dollars each! Now that's a bargain!  Plus they have that once a year show, Snoopy on Ice" it's a must see!

Sunday morning I went to church with my kids and the Gospel was very special "we sang Christmas carols and the rain was perfect since it was very warming inside. :-)

I guess you can say that I'm proud to have had  a fun weekend with out having to spend so much cash:-) 

Today was terrible, it was busy and one thing after another.. I had one of those days were you just want to run from your Job or say I quit! It takes a lot for me to even think that I want to quit my job.. but, I guess all I can say is "Que sera, sera," what ever that means! my hubby was very sweet and wanted to make me happy,  when he got home from work,,, he said 'hang in there baby" then, he took Winston, my teas cup Chihuahua  to my bedroom,, at this point I'm thinking hes just playing with him... Well,, this is what he created. Apparently he took a picture of my dog (Winston) hanging from my lamp and make me laugh to death with this picture that I would like to share with you all.. yes!! this picture is real people! I think is sweet! how you ever seen anything like it? I have once with a cat in it. but not a dog!! and specially a Chihuahua!!


Tonight I have a very special recipe, (my choice!) it's from my country "Guatemala" yes, I was born in Central America and came here to the U.S.A when I was five years old. I guess I can't really say  "my country" cause in reality I don't know much about my country. I havent' been there in 25 years!! I just gave away my age dint I?
anyhow, Let's move on...this recipe is called Guisado, it's like saying  Stir Fry or something like it. If you like you can also make white Rice to go with it. (Jasmine Rice from Thailand) it goes best with meats
 Serves 4-6 (20) min. prep time.
You will need;
1 pound of Stir fry meat
1 1/2 tsp. Rubbed sage, 1 tsp. minced Garlic, 1 tsp Thyme leaves, 1/2 tsp. of  ground Allspice,
1/2 tsp paprika ( i used smoked) it gives it a distinguished smell),  3-4 leaves ( Dry Bay leaves), 1tsp salt.
1 pinch of Basil and 1 can of chicken broth

Meanwhile, heat up oil in large skillet pan, (olive oil or vegetable)

Chopped 4 carrots, 4 (white potatoes)  or thinly sliced, boil or steam and add the Basil when cooked. Put aside, this process should only take you about five min to 7 min.

Mix all spices in a plastic bag and add meat, Shake and toss, make to seasoned meat very good.

Cook, meat in hot oil in large skillet on medium high heat, or until brown. Add the chicken broth and stir, Add vegetables, cover and let simmer 5  minutes under medium heat. Serve with rice (remove the bay leaves before serving) Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment